Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Big scare

Well, quite a few of you know about my recent scary experience. I was going down the stairs to our basement and my foot slipped and I tumbled down the stairs and CRASHED into the cement wall. I almost blacked out. Chris took me to the ER - 4.5 hrs, an X-ray and CT scan later they determined that I just had a concussion and cervical neck strain. Thank God! Since I work on a Trauma ICU my mind was immediately thinking the worst....subdural hematoma, etc. So glad it wasn't. I'm still a bit sore, but was able to work yesterday and today.

3 comments:

Patrina Martin said...

I'm so glad you're ok! I'm sure you were freaked out. You were probably a horrible patient since you know all about what could be wrong, etc!! :) Hope you're back to your old self soon! Love ya~ Trina

Debby Brown said...

I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. It's got to be tough knowing what could have happened.

Ken & Kathleen said...

we are glad that you didn't get hurt any worse!maybe we can help rebuild those stairs?! Pop